This is quite possibly the best app for Apple TV to date. The Remote app actually installs on you iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and is used to control your Apple TV.
Whatever iOS device you install the app on, it’s an improvement over the standard remote that comes with the Apple TV. The remote app gives you access to a QWERTY keyboard instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen, a real time saver.
Best of all, Apple provides the Remote app to iOS users for FREE.
- Control iTunes and Apple TV, from anywhere in your home
- Pause, rewind, fast forward, shuffle, and adjust the volume from your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
- View album, movie, and TV show artwork
- Create and update Genius playlists
- Create and edit playlists in iTunes
- Search your entire iTunes library
- Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
- Control the volume on each speaker independently
- Control Apple TV with simple finger gestures
- Enter text with the keyboard
- Even control Shared Libraries on iTunes and the new Apple TV