Apple has released a minor update for 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TVs. The update includes some bug fixes and stability improvements, along with allowing previews for TV shows and movies viewable in HD.
To install the update go to Settings -> General > Software Update.
Apple TV Software Update 5.0.1
- iTunes Previews – Previews for movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store can now be viewed in HD.
- AirPlay – Fixes an issue that caused some iOS apps to have trouble connecting via AirPlay.
- Home Sharing – Improves the reliability of Home Sharing connections.
- Netflix – Addresses an issue affecting Netflix login and navigation.
- Stability and performance – Includes fixes for issues affecting stability and performance.